Dr. Shashank Shah
- Dr Shashank Shah is a pioneer and leading Laparoscopic Bariatric Surgeon in India.
- He has served as the President of many national organisations of Obesity like Obesity & Metabolic Surgery society Of India (OSSI), International Excellence Federation (IEF), All India Association For Advancing Research In Obesity (AIAARO).
- He holds three World Records to his credit:
- Firstly, for performing 45 Hernias in 10 hours- Limca Book of World Records
- Secondly for successful Bariatric Surgery of the youngest child
- For operating on the heaviest British weighing 310kgs
- He is a visiting professor at various universities in Europe, USA, Malaysia and Bangladesh.
- He is the first ever surgeon to be awarded the prestigious Vivian Fonseca Scholar Award by the American Diabetes Association for research in Surgery for Treatment for Type 2 Diabetes.
- Received most prestigious award and Dr Jaipal Singh Oration for year 2017 by Association of Surgeons of India(ASI)
- Both BBC and National Geographic have appreciated Dr Shah’s skills and knowledge by recording his work in various documentaries released worldwide.
- He is a renowned General and laparoscopic Surgeon with an experience of more than 30,000 surgeries performed so far over the last 34 years.
- He also has various research papers in various indexed International Journals to his credit.
- Dr Shah is Editorial Board Member for:
- Obesity surgery journal
- Bariatric Times
- Journal of Obesity and Metabolic research