Prof. Francois Pattou
- François Pattou is professor of Surgery at the Faculty of Medicine of Lille, France, and head of the Department of general and endocrine surgery at Lille University Hospital.
- François Pattou also leads a research group at the University of Lille, INSERM U1190, devoted the clinical development of biotherapies for treating diabetes and a funding member of the LABEX European Genomic Institute for Diabetes (EGID).
François Pattou’s research is devoted to the surgical treatment of endocrine and metabolic diseases and focused on cell therapy for type 1 diabetes and metabolic surgery for type 2 diabetes.
- Pr Pattou has authored more than 250 papers in peer review journals.
- He is also the principal investigator of several ongoing clinical trials of islet cell transplantation and metabolic surgery.
- The recipient of numerous research grants from national and international institutions (European Commission, Innovative Medicine Initiative, Agence Nationale de la Recherche, Juvenile Diabete Research Fundation, Fondation Francophone pour le recherche sur le diabète)
- François Pattou has been awarded by several prizes (National Academy of Medicine, Rachmine Levine scientific achievement award, Matmut award).