Dr. Mohamed Ali Abbas Ferial
- Specialist Registrar in General Surgery Department - DHA at present
- Involved Advanced Laparoscopic and Bariatric Section - DH since 2016 covering all primary bariatric procedures and redo surgeries, adolescent cases. With yearly multiple workshops with AZ Sint Jan Hospital Brugge, Belgium Dr. Dillemans as a visiting surgeon in Dubai Hospital operating theatre and clinics.
- Active member of wound care team including diabetic foot and pressure ulcers. Bed ridden patient's care, critically ill ICU cases with wounds and follow-up of the patients in wound clinic.
- Involved in management of all general surgery cases during daily rounds, on call duties in emergency, ward and theatre, and general surgery clinics.
- Excellent knowledge of a wide range of surgical procedures appropriate to emergency, trauma surgery and general surgery.
- Analyze the results of various imaging scans to make decisions about patient care and surgical planning.
- Communicate effectively to colleagues, patients, residents and medical students under different situations to maintain quality patient care in a teaching environment.
Papers and presentations :
- Presented video case of a complicated bariatric procedure in B.E.S.T. Congress in Belgium, Brugge : December 2008
- Active member of the monthly BARIAlink presentations since 2016 till today.
- Member if IFSO participated in Bariatric video cases, multiple posters : Journal clubs and presentation during the residency program discussing different subjects of general surgery