Dr. Ahmet Ziya Balta
Present Affiliation :
Health Sciences University, Haydarpasa Sultan Abdulhamid Han Teaching and Research Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey
- Born in Trabzon in 1972.
- Completed my medical training at Gulhane Military Medical Academy (GMMA), Medical Faculty in 1989
- Started surgical residency program in GMMA Haydarpasa Teaching Hospital/Istanbul in 2002 and completed in 2006.
- Worked in several military hospitals as general surgeon and now I am working at Haydarpasa Sultan Abdulhamid Han Teaching and Research Hospital in Istanbul.
- Interested in obesity surgery, laparoscopy and hernia surgery.
Subject of doctoral thesis: Prognostic value of oncoprotein expressions in thyroid papillary carcinoma.
Research Interest: Laparoscopic Surgery, Obesity Surgery, Abdominal wall hernia.
International Experience :
- Columbia University, St. Luke’s Roosevelt Hospital, Department of Colorectal Surgery, NY, USA
- International Security Asistance Force, Ataturk Military Hospital, Kabul, Afghanistan
- AZ Sint-Jan Hospital, Department of Surgery, Bariatric Fellowship programme, Brugge, Belgium.
- International Hoca Ahmet Yesevi Turkish-Kazakh University, Guest Lecturer, Kazakhastan