Dr. Stijn De Sutter
- Dr Stijn De Sutter is a general surgeon with subspecialization in bariatric, abdominal wall and colorectal surgery.
- He started his surgery training in Ghent, where he was able to study abdominal wall surgery under the supervision of dr Filip Muysoms.
- He later specialized further in bariatric and colorectal surgery with a fellowship at the Albert Schweitzer hospital in Dordrecht.
- A fellowship followed at the service of prof Piet Pattyn at the university hospital of Ghent for colorectal surgery and esophageal surgery.
- To delve deeper into obesity surgery, dr De Sutter first worked with prof Yves Van Nieuwenhove.
- He topped his training into bariatrics with a fellowship with dr Bruno Dillemans in the AZ Sint Jan in Bruges.
- There he got submerged into the wonderful world of bariatric revisional surgery.
- Since 2017 dr Stijn De Sutter works in the general hospital of Oudenaarde in the Flemish Ardennes.